Thursday, July 24, 2008

House Art


I actually don't know when it was fashionable to decorate houses like this, guessing from the architecture and the style it might have been in the 1960s and 1970s. It is not an uncommon sight in Germany, and while the materials used in these pieces of art vary, sometimes they are done in stone, as mosaics, some are painted, some are made from metal like here, the style is always similar.

Schleifersteg is a small bridge between Hauptmarkt and Trödelmarkt, just behind Starbucks.

2 comments:

Kris McCracken said...

First, my apologies for a bit of cut and paste commenting. I have been doing the rounds via Bloglines and looking at all the pictures from my favourite photo blogs, but haven’t been leaving comments. Generally, I try to comment as much as I can (I know how good it is for ‘morale’ to know that someone is out there appreciating them), but after the birth of my second son, I am a bit knackered to think up something witty and insightful on the hop. Thus the resort to Control+C and Control+P!

Kris from Hobart, Tasmania.

Jane Hards Photography said...

It is a qutie unsua here, but as you say not there. That is what we leatn about daily blogging.